Wednesday, December 02, 2009

~ sweetness and light ~

'Tis the season of anticipation and hope, of joy and light, of home and hearth, of cookies and cocoa...

The joy of baking, from preparation to sharing with others, is all wound up in the delight of the Advent season.

Two years ago, I found a favorite cookie recipe that I thought was forever lost. Together with a bunch of girls, we baked and decorated trays full of fluffy confections as we watched Little Women and A Little Princess.

Last year, I prepared a special batch of those cookies as a gift for the wedding of two friends, who in turn were able to present the cookies as gifts to their guests.

Saturday, it's time to whip up a big batch of dough to last me through this month of merry parties and Christmas gift giving.

It never ceases to amaze me how simple pleasures (sugar, flour, lemons, vanilla...) add up to such tasty treats!


(Image Attribution)

No comments: