Monday, November 15, 2004

happy feet in heaven

Heaven must be dancing to the beat of a beautiful drummer... received this email today from the Madison Greene mailing list:
To our Friends and Family, It is to my sorrow mixed with joy that I am writing this e-mail. On Saturday, Nov 13 in the AM hours, our beloved friend and brother Nelson Whitehorse passed away in a Kansas City hospital. His health had taken a turn for the worse a few days before his death, and his fragile body could no longer hold onto the life that was inside. It is a credit to his genuine faith that we have a hope of seeing him again in the next world. In fact, all of us who believe and who knew him can share in this hope. We are convinced that Nelson would not have us mourn for him, but rather for us losing him for a time. He was (and is) convinced that upon his death he would be in the presence of Jesus, and able to worship his Father in heaven without hinderance. We in Madison Greene are blessed to have had the experience of serving God with him. For those of you who knew him, those touched by his testimony, rejoice with us. Rejoice that you knew him well enough to mourn. Rejoice that he had no illusions of death, and no fear of it. Rejoice that we have a God in heaven who cares enough to forgive us. Then go, bring this invitation to those you love the most. Bring the invitation of God's forgiveness through his son Jesus to all who are in your circle of influence. Let us not waste this occasion to remember Nelson Whitehorse and the faith he defended and lived. Let us continue in his work, to the glory of God our Father. One day, we who believe will meet again without the prospect of saying goodbye. Peace to you... Madison Greene

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

I remember giving them my copy of No Depression w/ Patty Griffin on the cover, b/c Nelson had told me how much he likes her music. Leah laughed when I told her that, b/c she said they had just started introducing him to her music. (Chief got out of the army, Jesus went to live with the poor, I'm still walking up and down this street I don't know what I'm doing that for...)

btw ~ Madison Greene in St Louis (Clayton) on Saturday, December 11th ~ I'm thinking a road trip is in order...

Rob said...

I just called Mike of Madison Greene, and he said everyone was doing pretty good. Like you wrote, Kim... Nelson is dropping some sweet drum beats for Jesus right now! Praise the Lord!

Stacey said...

Man, that Nelson could really beat that drum! I may be up of a roadtrip on the 11th. I'd love to see/hear Madison Greene again.