Friday, April 18, 2008

~ how many ears ~



bone weary

hanging
by clips
at both shoulders
that leave little lumps
when the sun
and breeze
have left me dry

dry

but not soft

fresh

but not smooth

for that
I must take a tumble
in a warm dryer
with wet towel
and scented sheets

comfort

warm fuzzy blanket

mac-n-cheese

spiced chai

rest
revive
renew creativity
release control and worry and anxiousness

I was not designed to move through life with dry bones

I was given muscle and blood and layer upon layer of skin
skin that offers protection
skin I wish was thicker
skin meant to be shed
vulnerable skin
exposed
there

for all to see and examine and form opinions about

stretched beyond capacity
by over-consumption
to appease emotion

bone weary

flesh weary

heart weary

soul weary

pressed

but not crushed

billowing

but not blown away

1 comment:

Ramón said...

I like your permutations on skin. Very nice.