Monday, October 15, 2007

What's Your Story? #2 - Take 2

The concept of people (read: me, you, us) bringing up an issue and then reciting the infamous line "Somebody should do something about (insert issue/creative vision/passion)." resonated throught the CCDA conference this past week. The idea being, that maybe that "Somebody" who should do something is the same person who has been given the "burden" of the vision.

What's Your Story?

What is something you've thought "Somebody ought to do something about..."? Even if you do not feel equipped (spiritually, financially, educationally, emotionally - whatever) to move forward with it right now, CAST YOUR VISION.

What creative vision has God given you to address an issue in our society?

SHARE! Maybe we can come along side you to encourage you, to champion that vision, to tweek it, to undergird it, to network it... to help it become reality!

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

*aside*

An assumption develops that you cannot understand life and live life simultaneously. I do not agree entirely, which is to say I do not exactly disagree. I would say that life understood is life lived. But the paradoxes bug me, and I can learn to love and make love to the paradoxes that bug me. And on really romantic evenings of self, I go salsa dancing with my confusion.
~ the bridge man, Waking Life
(the guy in the picture)

Ramón said...

YES! I love the film! It's been too long since the last viewing...

Ines said...

Stronger punishment for parole abusers....and WORLD peace. No? oh okay- sorry, line from Miss Congeniality.

BUt seriously- I was flipping thru the World Vision Christmas Giving Catalog and I couldn't figure out if to buy a goat for a family, or a dozen chickens, or a cow, or raise money to drill a well...THERE'S SO MUCH TO DO! What's most effective? Children are my weak spot-- I don't want them sick, nor hungry, nor naked, nor abused, nor drinking dirty water, nor illiterate.