Sunday, August 26, 2007

~ working for the weekend ~

Work was crazy busy last week, and will only be more so as I am finishing final preparations for our senior management retreat. Between go-go-go all week and coming down from "vacation" just days before, I needed a fun weekend.

For those of you waiting on the edge of your seats for a series of fortunate events: part 3 (et al), I promise it is coming. Though I issue a disclaimer that fans of part one may find the latter chronicles insanely boring. I've relayed the stories from my trip so many times by now I'm convinced Saturday and Sunday can't be nearly as entertaining as I made Friday out to be. I will try my best to embellish and exaggerate into a fabulous tale (Sometimes I lie. I mean, I'm weird, man. About random stuff too, I don't even know why I do it. It's like... it's like a tick. ~ Sam, Garden State).

So I got my fun weekend. Friday night Rebekah and I got all gussied up and went to a posh restaurant for dinner, followed by dessert at the Peabody bar. We stayed out past midnight. We're so young and hip its ridiculous. We should come with warning labels.

Saturday I pretended to be all domestic,'cause that's how I roll, baking goodies for the house concert that evening. More posts are definitely to come on the concert, featuring crowd snapshots and actual performance footage. Rachel, Scotti and Jody are all amazingly talented ladies, but the true highlight of the evening was these guys:



Today was church (I was almost on time!), followed by an afternoon concert with Miss Lizzie and an end-of-summer Lifegroup meeting (though summer doesn't really appear to be in the mood to go anywhere just yet, and I'm not sure I want to mess with the dude).

Finished reading Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress this week, which I had picked up (after a million past bookstore flirtations with the novel) in the airport newsstand during my Houston layover in route home to Little Rock. I highly recommend it (the readers digest book review). This week I am starting Milan Kundera's The Curtain - I love his fiction and look forward to reading his essays on writing. I also have several mid-week engagements to look forward to and float me into the holiday weekend.

I plan to spend Labor Day Weekend laboring over the task of finally getting the massive craft table moved out of my room to make room for a simple writing desk. Yes, Alanis, I do find it ironic - quite like all that good advice that I just didn't take. It figures.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are getting rid of your craft table??

Kimberly said...

the craft table was fun when it had its own space. cramed into my bedroom it only overwhelms me and stifles creativity. there's a shelf on the bottom, so you can't even scoot up under it. the plan is a writing desk that I vow to keep organized, and shelves for all of the craft supplies, printer, etc. (I usually end up beading in the living room, anyway).

methy413 said...

SEE WHAT I MISS WHEN I MOVE TO TULSA? Geez! Now I just get to laugh out loud in front of my computer knowing that yes... these are my friends.