Wednesday, September 09, 2009

not-so-pied Piper

I do not always agree with John Piper.

John Piper does not always agree with Barak Obama.

I had the chance to hear Barak Obama speak before he ever ran for president.

I like Barak Obama.

I do not always agree with Barak Obama.

I believe Barak Obama is a follower of Christ.

I also believe John Piper is a follower of Christ.

I did not always agree with George W. Bush.

I did not vote for George W. Bush.

I believe George W. Bush is a follower of Christ.

I voted for Barak Obama.

I do not pledge allegiance to Barak Obama.

I also did not pledge allegiance to George W. Bush (though there is record of some citizens doing so).

I also do not pledge allegiance to the U.S. flag -

Not even the "Christian flag"... or the Bible...

I do not stand with my hand over my heart and sing about bombs bursting in air.

I do not always agree with my country.

I do try to show respect for my country.

I also try to show respect for other countries.

I believe there are followers of Christ in other countries.

I try to show respect for Barak Obama, George W. Bush, and John Piper.

When I disagree, I tend to respond through satire.

I’ve responded with satire to John Piper recently.

I would also like to acknowledge his recent refusal to participate in the hysteria surrounding Barak Obama’s recent address to school children, and his willingness to respectfully highlight the positive speech.

Of course, if Piper’s graciousness does not speak to some of his readers, then I suppose I shouldn’t waste my satire trying to help them see another point of view.

1 comment:

Amy B said...

I meant to comment on this and tell you how much I liked it. Better late than never. :)