Monday, June 02, 2008

~ meet me outside ~

Oh the air feels heavy
Everything just passes by
And I think that I'm a little shy...
~ Norah Jones, Above Ground


I'm declaring Norah Jones my summer muse. Since she managed to creep into my last two posts, I thought I would just keep her around awhile and see what she can stir up.

This morning I woke up without my alarm... rested... with an insatiable desire to exercise. Perhaps insatiable is a bit strong of a term, seeing as I did not actually follow through with the desire, but it was strange and foreign and lovely just the same. I left for work on time and arrived early, and my generally amiable mood was surprisingly chipper. In fact, I am holding down two positions this week as my coworker is on vacation, and yet I do not feel harried in the least.

Sitting at my desk and basking in this pleasant disposition, I was tempted to dismiss my mood as the fleeting remnants of jet lag. But as I considered the lightness of my being, I recognized a weight had disappeared. I suppose any number of factors could have contributed to this state of affairs: my fabulous vacation and reconnecting with a dearest friend, relaxing conversations and time spent with people I love, a clean and slightly-more-organized bedroom, the viewing of two enkindling films this weekend (Bella and P.S. I Love You).

Regardless of the influences, I am recognizing today that I am physically and emotionally free of anxiety, and that feels both weird and wonderful.

I am trusting.

I am clinging.

I am resting.

I am not in control.

This is a good place to be.

Do not worry about your life, o you of little faith, but seek first God’s kingdom and his righteousness, and LIFE will be given to you as well. Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
~ Matthew 6:25-34

P.S. Both of these photos are from my Austria trip... be on the lookout for more to come!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a great place to find yourself - sounds a little bit like contentment? Your pictures look fabulous! Can't wait to see more!

Ines said...

that picture of the vine growing on that ladder is gorgeous-- so simple and full of life. It should become a postcard.