Thursday, September 13, 2007

pretend that you're brilliant and charming...

I am often asked about the Little Rock music scene as if I get out every night. Perhaps if I had a hot, independently wealthy guy dragging me out-on-the-town on a nightly basis I would be a little more in-tune (and more than a bit exhausted). Alas, that is not the case. I do, however, try to catch a show when I can and am quite fond of the variety of talent available in the natural state. It is also a common misconception that I only enjoy bluegrass (or Americana of some type). For the record, be it duly noted, my musical palette swings wildly.

Sometimes finding bands is trial-and-error, and the errors abound (two words: keyboard boy). Sometimes I go on word-of-mouth. In the case of Benjamin Del Shreve, the beautiful and talented Olivia Apple visited our home for dinner one night when a friend of hers was in town visiting Heather. We determined to go see her band at Juanitas, and I was hooked. You can listen to them on MySpace, but you really should catch them live.

1 comment:

Brook said...

this post is not about Madeleine L'Engle... I was told (by you, via Carrie's blog) that you would be going ahead and posting that. I am looking in your direction with my eyebrows raised and my fingernails drumming on the table...
;-)