Tuesday, February 21, 2006

~ High-Carb Diet ~

Perhaps it has something to do with the melancholy weather, but I have been listening to my Bread cd since Friday morning. I have 3 observations:
  1. Dismal Day is the most depressing song ~ and yet it puts me in a wonderful mood
  2. Travis completely ripped off Bread ~ Flowers in the Window is one of my favorite Travis songs, but I realized this weekend that they completely stole it from Bread's Look What You've Done
  3. Although I plan to name my still-as-yet-pending daughter Aubrey (after my grandfather), I am no longer certain I want to make Bread's Aubrey her theme song (yes, every child must have a theme song) ~ I'm thinking its not necessarily so favorable about this Aubrey character...

Other than that, I'm still enjoying my daily Bread...

5 comments:

methy said...

One of my good friends in college swore that if her still-as-yet-pending husband/fiance didn't sing her Bread's song If she wouldn't marry him.

Kimberly said...

she could just sing him the Dolly Parton version... much more energetic...

Jana said...

never heard of Bread..... BUT, thanks for the blogger help, I got it all fixed. :) ps..... you are the coolest blogger in the world. your stuff is fascinating to read.

saywhat said...

Hey - Look at me! I'm on blogspot again, even if it is just to read and comment. :)

My kid's theme song will be "A Boy Named Sue". Because he'll be a boy, and I'll name him Sue. Get it?

Ramonsito said...

Are theme songs for kids a new phenomenon, or am I just out of the loop because of my testosterone/estrogen ratio?

Kim, you must check out the Time Dollars website. The creator, Edgar Cahn, was in town a couple weekends ago and gave some stellar presentations.

A group of us from local churches are putting our hands to the plow to try and start initiatives in five areas. Let me know what you think.