Friday, October 22, 2004

everybody hates a tourist

Laugh along with the common people. Laugh along even though they're laughing at you, and the stupid things that you do because you think that poor is cool. ~ Pulp

Joy of joys. In less than 24 hours I will get to watch Ben Folds, William Shatner, and Joe Jackson sing (or speak?) Common People. Actually it will be longer than that, I suppose, seeing as I will be out and will have to tape Leno. Regardless, I will see it. And I will enjoy it. And I think I drank too much coffee at IHOP. I've really gotta go to bed.

4 comments:

Becca said...

Coffee at IHOP? Sacrilege! You are officially pink-slipped from the E.C.A. (Espresso Connoisseurs Association). ;)

Kimberly said...

I always get a kick out of the spectacle that is Shatner doing spoken word... kind of like when you see someone making a fool out of themselves, and you can't help but watch, and eventually you just end up admiring their gusto. The beautiful part of the performance was watching Ben in all of his magnificence coordinating the crazy concoction on stage... he just really seems to enjoy himself... such a beautiful little man...

Anonymous said...

If you enjoy Ben Folds and William Shatner doing spoken word, then you should check out Ben's solo project "Fear of Pop". First of all, just a hilarious and finely crafted disc. Secondly, ole Willy makes an appearance on a spoken word track that is side-splittingly funny. If you want to borrow it, you may, as soon as I get MAS back from you.

Ramón

Kimberly said...

grasshopper... I have owned Fear of Pop since its inception... I paid my money, and I'm going to see all of the movie...

I was considering holding MAS for ransom (but I suppose I can bring it you tomorrow night if we're still on for IHOP)...